Saturday, May 27, 2006

Internet surfing lession

I teach two Dharma sisters to surf the net this morning. This morning main course is create a new hotmail account for them. They both do not have any PC knowledge. So the lession will go slowly but smoothly. The thing is they willing to learn, this is the main point. If they don't want to learn, then what I teach is useless.

First lession is easy. Create email account, introducing Internet Browser, mouse movement training, sign up hotmail account, sign in hotmail, how to surf to hotmail.com, sign out hotmail. Two hours lession pass very fast. I really hope they do know what I teach. This time I felt I got the patient to teach this two slow catch up students. I can wait for them to move the stupid mouse, it seem the mouse is too stupid for them. So I slow down the speed of the mouse movement and the pointer clicking movement just to let them catch up easily. They finally can do it perfectly but slow a bit. Never mind, as long as they can sign in and sign out, remember their password. That's the success of the first lession.

I don't want to remember their password as I want them to be responsible and take care for thier own email account.

No comments: