Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Solved WiFi low signal strength problem

Solved WiFi low sigal strength problem tonight.

Went to Tsng's house to check his PC again, this elder brother'c PC signal strength is back to normal but I really do not know what is happening that day, cannot surf to internet at all. I tried to ping to www.brunet.bn IP 202.160.8.2, it seems okay but will loss some of the signal, the thing is it can surf to internet now.

Went to another house who is Tsng brother also have the low signal problem, it claim that by the time he installed the driver, it can surf to internet, but after he plug out the wireless adaptor, replug in again, it cannot surf at all.

I ping to brunet.bn, no signal at all. I used my loptop to surf to internet, okay. I think the laptop have strong wireless adaptor. Another thing is the wireless adaptor Tsng brother use may not so good to received good singal.

Finally I want to check the upstair Linksys router configuration.
Good that the Linksys rounter admin right password is easy, so I checked the channels frequently. Then go to Prolink wireless adaptor web site to check the available frequently.

I changed it to No.1, back to the PC. Found the singal is back to normal, ping to brunet.bn is okay. So solved the problem. What I found the router channel frequency setting is not on the wireless adaptor range.

No comments: