Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable

I have this problem when I have a new AMD Acer computer with Vista Home Premium installed.
I use Microsoft Word 2007, try to print to a network share printer. It used to work on one of my another office Vista PC.

Normal solution is:
On Word, click Print, on printer dialog box, click Find Printer button, then I can install the network printer driver. Then it work okay.

But this time my new AMD Acer PC got this error message:

The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable ...

So I tried to find in TechNet.com, no help.
So direct key in the error message on google.com.

Then found the solution.

1. Go to Control panel, double click Printer.
2. Right click anywhere on the printer window, select "Run as Administrator" , click continue.
3. Add network printer as show:



















4. Then select the available network.



















5. Click install driver button.
6. Then it should successfully install the printer you select.

No comments: